More than 750 students from 101 high schools in Nebraska and Kansas participated in the annual Honor Band and Choral Clinic hosted by the University of Nebraska at Kearney’s Department of Music, Theatre and Dance.
Students worked with UNK faculty and guest instructors before performing two public concerts Monday evening at the Health and Sports Center. The concerts also featured the UNK Wind Ensemble and Choraleers.
Clinicians/conductors for the event were:
- Honor Band and UNK Wind Ensemble – Duane Bierman, UNK director of bands
- Festival Band – Gary Davis, retired UNK band director
- Women’s Choir – Amanda Kidder, vocal music teacher at Overton Public Schools
- Festival Choir – Senja Stephens, vocal music teacher at Cozad Public Schools
- Honor Choir and UNK Choraleers – John Petzet, UNK director of choirs
The UNK Honor Band and Choral Clinic includes high school sophomores, juniors and seniors selected through auditions.