BIO GREEN USA OWNER AND CEO JOHN PERRY IS BALDWIN FREE ENTERPRISE SPEAKER AT UNK TUESDAY, OCT. 14

Carrie Stithem
Center for Rural Research and Development assistant director, 308.865.8199

UNK- Bio Green USA owner and CEO John Perry will be the featured speaker at the Baldwin Free Enterprise Speaker series at the University of Nebraska at Kearney on Tuesday, Oct. 14. 

The presentation, which is free and open to the public, will be at 7:30 p.m. in Copeland Hall Room 142. 

Perry developed Bio Green USA’s patented plant care formula, which is touted as being 100 percent safe for the environment, children and pets. Bio Green. The formula is used on lawns, trees and shrubs. The product contains natural ingredients that will deter bugs, and control mold and diseases without the use of pesticides.

Perry’s presentation will discuss how to have an entrepreneurial mindset, green companies and their importance, and putting the customer first. 

Perry was home-schooled before finishing his high school education at age 15 and enrolling in college. During college, he took on a full-time position for a ski shop during the winter and a nursery during the summers. By 18, Perry was managing two ski shops and supervising 18 employees, and serving as foreman at a nursery supervising three landscape crews in the area of Park City, Utah. Perry stayed with the ski shops until 2006. During that time, he oversaw the shops’ growth and developed a third concept store that opened in 2005. Sales increased by 63 percent, and all marketing was done through person-to-person commissioned-based sales. He also landed the entire Marriott hotel chain in Utah as the preferred store for ski vacation needs.   

“I have always believed that the customer comes first,” Perry said. ”’Under promise, over deliver,’ I believe this is a great motto to live by. As I continue to grow, I welcome new challenges and discoveries, and will continue to better my product, my service and my commitment to the environment.” 

On Wednesday, Oct. 15, Perry will guest lecture in the Advertising Management class at 12:20 p.m. at the UNK West Center building. He will also lead a Baldwin Fireside chat at 1:30 p.m. in the Fireside Lounge at the UNK Nebraskan Student Union.