Current UNK Pandemic Status: Phase 3
Effective today (May 18), UNK’s pandemic response status moves to Phase 3.
Phase 3 Protocols of Note:
- The campuswide mask mandate is lifted. Students, employees and visitors are no longer required to wear masks on campus. During Phase 3, masks may be required in specific situations as indicated by instructors, office managers and unit directors.
- Widespread vaccinations have proven to significantly reduce positive cases of COVID-19 on campus and in the community. As UNK moves toward more normal operations for the 2021-22 academic year, the university encourages students and employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Employees and students are required to report to UNK’s Public Health Center if they test positive for COVID-19, have symptoms or were in contact with someone who has COVID-19. The Public Health Center can be reached at 308-865-8279 or email@example.com.
- Events, activities and performances are permitted on and off campus, including in-person meetings of faculty, staff, students and invited guests. Food and drink are permitted, subject to local and campus regulations. Sponsors of events or gatherings should consider reasonable safety precautions. Hosts should consider masking, distancing and reasonable ways to reduce direct contact among those attending. Outside organizations are allowed to host events on campus.
- The university will continue to monitor active cases on campus, in the Kearney community and across the state. UNK will move back to previous phases and update its guidance if circumstances warrant.