‘PARENT AND ME YOGA’ FEB. 2 SATURDAY AT THE FRANK HOUSE EVENT

Sally Hale
Frank House, 308.865.8284

Parent and Me Yoga will be the featured Saturday at the Frank House presentation on Feb. 2.

The event, which is free and open to the public, will be at 1:30 p.m. at the Frank House, located on the University of Nebraska at Kearney West Campus. Anna Hain, a graduate assistant at the UNK Women’s Center, will lead a yoga workshop, which is designed especially for parent and child pairs.

“The goals of this workshop are to teach parents to play and interact with their children, and to get parents and children to bond,” Hain said. “I’ll show attendees how to do partner yoga poses.”

According to Hain, other interactive activities will also be presented. Registration is not required, and all necessary materials will be provided.

Hain is a certified yoga instructor through the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), and has taught Parent and Me Yoga, children’s yoga, adolescent girls’ yoga, power yoga for both individuals and athletes, and private lessons. In the future, she will be doing an internship working with play therapy for families.

“I have been doing yoga since I was 12 years old, and I have been teaching for six years,” Hain said. “Currently, I am not teaching yoga, since I am working at the UNK Women’s Center, and finishing a master’s degree in clinical mental health and couseling.”

Regular walk-in-hours for tours of the Frank House are Monday – Friday, 2-5 p.m., and Saturday, noon-5 p.m. The Frank House is closed during UNK breaks and holidays. Donations are always accepted.

For more information, visit www.frankhouse.org, and find the Frank House on Facebook at www.facebook.com/UNK.Frank.House to stay up-to-date with the Frank House activities.