Chancellor’s Cabinet reports that effective Monday, Nov. 30, UNK’s COVID-19 pandemic response status moves to Phase I. All students, employees and campus visitors are required to wear masks in all public and shared spaces on campus. This includes classrooms, offices where people work within six feet of each other, common areas, restrooms, elevators, outdoor spaces when separation is not possible, and University-provided group or mass transit.
To slow the spread of the virus and keep UNK safe, please comply with the following Phase I protocols:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, avoid campus if you are sick and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Events must be approved. Organizers must submit plans to UNK’s Event Approval Committee at least two weeks prior to the event. Meetings and events on campus are limited to 25% of room / venue capacity.
- No visitors are allowed in any UNK residence hall. However, two visitors per resident will be allowed to help move students in or out of campus housing. Those guests must wear a mask in all public and shared spaces while in the residence halls.
- No organizations or individuals may distribute food for fundraising purposes. Food distribution for entertainment or other purposes must follow terms of the UNK Dining Contract and other UNK policies.
- Textbook areas at the Antelope Bookstore are restricted to employees only. Staff will pull textbooks for students. Only 10 customers are allowed inside the store at one time.
- People participating in university travel will be required to wear masks while in the vehicle with other people. UNK has restrictions and guidance on university-related international travel. Faculty and staff may request an exception by contacting their dean or vice chancellor.
Quarantine & Isolation
- Individuals who test positive are required to isolate. If the Public Health Center believes you were in contact with someone who has COVID-19, you will be contacted directly and given information on how to proceed.
- Students should NOT self-quarantine without first contacting and getting confirmation to do so from UNK’s Public Health Center at 308.865.8279. It’s difficult to medically clear students if they do not communicate with the PHC.
- Faculty/staff should NOT assign quarantine dates and/or instruct students or employees to quarantine without collaboration from the Public Health Center. Quarantine decisions should come only from medical professionals, not faculty/staff.
- Self-screen by using UNK’s #CampusClear App. If you have COVID symptoms or believe you need a test, call UNK’s Public Health Centerat 308-865-8279 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The welfare and safety of our community during this time is primary concern. In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, UNK has established a series of policies and best practices that serve as a road map for students, faculty, staff and guests on campus. Please familiarize yourself and comply with the plan here: UNK COVID-19 plan