UNK Writing Center director, 308.865.8728
Writing Across BordersMatinee and Discussion
UNK’s Writing Center
Office of Multicultural Affairs
Office of International Education
Center for Teaching Excellence
Choose one of two show times:
Jan 26, Tue, 3:30-5 p.m., NSU 116 (OMA)
Jan 27, Wed, 3:30-5 p.m., NSU 116 (OMA)
In 2005, Oregon State University produced an award-winning, 30-minute documentary about English Language Learners (ELLs) and writing in American colleges and universities.
Through interviews with students, faculty, and other professionals in the field, the film asks:
- How does culture influence writing?
- How are reader expectations shaped by cultural preferences?
- How do we assess ELL writing alongside native writing?
- How can we think about sentence level errors in a fair and constructive manner?
- What kinds of teaching and testing practices place ELL writers at a disadvantage and which help them improve as writers?
Join with colleagues in watching and discussing Writing Across Borders. Faculty, staff, administrators, emeriti, and other interested professionals are encouraged to attend.
RSVPs appreciated but not required; contact Sarah (CTE), mailto:email@example.com.