MY LOPER LIFE: Cooper balances role as young mother, first-generation student

Amelia Cooper PhotoI am passionate about my children. Everything I do revolves around them. They are my life and the main reason I am in college. I want to make our lives better for the future and show them that you can overcome anything and still do what you aspire to do no matter what is thrown at you.

I had to overcome getting pregnant at 15. I did so by graduating high school with honors as a junior, earning three associates degrees, and working hard to maintain a high GPA at UNK. My friends and family would say that I am focused, hard working and determined. I am the first child and first grandchild in my family to go to a four-year college, and I’ll be the first to graduate with a bachelor’s degree, and I did all of this with two children.

Have a support system. It’s okay if you can’t do everything yourself. I wouldn’t have made it this far without a support system and being able to give up less important things.

Amelia Cooper | Senior | Multimedia, Advertising and PR | McCook

One thought on “MY LOPER LIFE: Cooper balances role as young mother, first-generation student

1. Amelia, what a role model you are for your children! I commend you for your drive and determination to make a better life for yourself and your children! You are my hero!