Tiffany for Kids Workshop at the Frank House Museum

KrisAnn Sullivan
Frank House director, 308.865.8284 OR sullivankw@unk.edu

UNK– Children, ages three to five, will have the opportunity to learn about the history of the Frank House museum and create hands-on craft projects in a workshop on Saturday, Feb. 21.

The workshop, “Tiffany for Kids,” will be held on Saturday, Feb. 21, from 1-2 p.m. at the Frank House museum, located on the University of Nebraska at Kearney West Campus. Fifteen seats are available for the children. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Pre-registration is required by contacting the Frank House at sullivankw@unk.edu or by calling 308.865.8284.

“I have planned for the children to have a fun quick tour [of the house] then a hands-on craft involving the famous Tiffany window,” said Sarah Abels, a UNK student and education major fromKearney.

“Since I am an education major, it requires me to do a service learning project,” she said. “They appointed me to spend 15 hours at the Frank House, and I became very interested in the house. KrisAnn (Sullivan), the director of the house, gave me a chance to create a workshop to show the youth of Kearney the importance of one of the first homes in Kearney.”