NEBRASKATS DIRECTOR PREPARES FOR LAST SONG

Annabell Zikmund
(308) 865-8608

The University of Nebraska at Kearney Nebraskats will close their director’s career with the conclusion of their concert on Sunday, April 14.

The concert will begin at 3 p.m. in the Fine Arts Recital Hall. The performance will be Director Annabell Zikmund’s last with the choir on campus due to her pending retirement. The performance will include the selections Jubilation, the Steppin’ Out Medley, How Could You Believe Me, God Bless the USA, Favorite Son, the Beach Boys Medley, Light at the End of the Tunnel, and the TV Medley.

Zikmund was appointed director of the Nebraskats in 1984. The choir has been in existence longer than any other currently performing show choir at the collegiate level in Nebraska.

“We have invited Nebraskats alumni to come to the concert since it is my last one with the Nebraskats. Traditionally, we have alums in the audience join us on stage to sing, ‘Maybe Someday,’ which was the last song on the last concert directed by Bill Lynn. Now it will be my last song on my last concert as well. I have been very privileged to work with some wonderful students during the 18 years that I have directed the Nebraskats, and I will miss the group. ” Zikmund said.

The concert is free and open to the public.