Chancellor’s Cabinet reports that effective today (Aug. 18) UNK’s pandemic response status to COVID-19 includes the following:
Current UNK Pandemic Status: Phase 3
Phase 3 Protocols of Note:
- Widespread vaccinations have proven to significantly reduce positive cases of COVID on campus and in the community. The university encourages students and employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Students, employees and campus visitors are not required to wear masks on campus. Unvaccinated individuals should wear masks.
- All vaccinated employees and students are encouraged to wear masks indoors.
- Masks may be requested to be worn in specific situations by instructors, office managers and unit directors.
- Employees and students are required to report to UNK’s Public Health Center if they test positive for COVID, have symptoms or were in contact with someone who has COVID. Contact the Public Health Center (PHC) at 308-865-8279 or email@example.com. The PHC will advise the individual on monitoring, quarantine and isolation as appropriate. People diagnosed with COVID will have to be cleared by the PHC before returning to campus activity.
- Events, activities and performances are permitted on and off campus, including in-person meetings of faculty, staff, students and invited guests. Food and drink are permitted, subject to the UNK Dining contract and other campus policies. Sponsors of events or gatherings should consider reasonable safety precautions. Outside organizations are allowed to host events on campus.
- The university will continue to monitor active cases on campus and within the health department area and Nebraska. UNK will move back to previous phases and update its guidance if circumstances warrant.
On-campus vaccination clinics are available for UNK students and employees: LEARN MORE
View the entire Plan to Mitigate the Spread of Infectious Diseases Fall 2021
View the UNK COVID page