The UNK Wellness Center is reopening Wednesday with modifications to protect the health of patrons and staff.
Here’s what you need to know:
Hours of operation
- Monday-Thursday: 5:45 a.m. to 7 p.m. (closed 2:40-3 p.m. for cleaning)
- Friday: 5:45 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday: 3-7 p.m.
- Wellness Center capacity will be limited to 35 patrons
- Members are encouraged to make online reservations by visiting recwell.unk.edu
- Workout times can be reserved up to three days in advance
- Members are limited to one reservation per day
- Walk-up registration is available, but priority access is given to those who preregister
- Workouts should be limited to 55 minutes, with time limits enforced if capacity is met
Who has access?
- Any student who was registered for spring 2020 on-campus classes and paid the Wellness Center fee will have access through Aug. 1. This includes spring 2020 graduates. Students who are registered for summer classes but did not take spring classes may purchase an opt-in membership.
- Faculty, staff, affiliate and retiree memberships that were paused when the facility closed March 20 will be resumed Wednesday. These memberships will be extended for the length of the shutdown.
- Spouses and dependents of UNK members will not have access at this time
- Guest passes will not be allowed until further notice
- Physical distancing is emphasized throughout the facility and patrons are required to maintain a distance of 6 feet between themselves and others at all times
- Patrons are encouraged to wear a mask or face covering when entering the facility. Face coverings are encouraged, but not required, when working out.
- Patrons are required to sanitize equipment before and after use
- During their first visit, all members will be given a brief orientation on the new policies and procedures
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be available throughout the facility
- Extra equipment and facility cleaning protocols will be followed
- All employees will complete a health screening prior to beginning the work day. They will also wear face masks while in public areas and providing services.
What amenities aren’t available?
- Climbing wall
- Cushing Fieldhouse (indoor track area)
- Racquetball courts
- HYPER Gym
- Select fitness equipment, including weight belts, resistance bands, medicine balls, foam rollers, ab rollers and wrist straps
For more information, contact the Wellness Center front desk at 308-865-8906 or member services at 308-865-1732.