KEARNEY – University of Nebraska at Kearney Chancellor Doug Kristensen today announced the beginning of a nationwide search for the position of Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
The position description will be posted and applicants will apply at https://unk.peopleadmin.com/postings/search beginning immediately.
Kristensen appointed an advisory committee to assist him with the search, which includes representatives from the campus and greater community. Members of the committee are:
- Scott Unruh, Professor (Athletic Training) and UNK’s Faculty Athletics Representative (Chair)
- Rashawn Harvey, Assistant Director of Student Support Services
- Tammy Hellman, Community Representative
- Letty Reichart, Associate Professor (Biology)
- Neal Schnoor, Sr. Adviser to Chancellor for Executive Affairs
- Jane Sheldon, Assistant Vice Chancellor of Business and Finance
- Rick Squiers, Head Coach UNK Volleyball
- Mark Stute, Community Representative (Kearney Public Schools Principal)
- President/Designee of the Student Athletic Advisory Committee
Kristensen said this is an open search that will follow standard campus search processes, with the anticipation of naming finalists in March and holding campus interviews in March and April.
Candidates will interview with a variety of campus constituencies and participate in open campus and community forums. Updates will be provided next spring as details are finalized.
Previous athletics director Paul Plinske vacated the position in May 2018 and interim AD Marc Bauer has provided leadership since that time.