The museum includes holiday decorations, including nine full-size trees decorated with authentic period ornaments, many which have been donated over the years.
The house is decorated for the holidays and open from 1 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays, and noon to 5 p.m. on weekends. It is closed on Mondays.
The Frank Museum is closed for the holidays on Dec. 24-25, and Jan. 1.
Located at the west end of the UNK campus, the Frank House was designed in 1889 by George William Frank as a gift for his parents, George Washington Frank and his wife, Phoebe. The Franks ran a successful mercantile and real estate business, helped bring electricity to Kearney, and were major leaders in the early history of the community.
The Frank Museum serves as a history museum featuring photographs and artifacts from the Franks and others who lived in the house.
This post has been read 1921 times!