The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) is accepting abstracts for the Chemical and Biological Science and Technology (CBST) Conference held May 12-14, 2015 in St. Louis.
The National Strategic Research Institute (NSRI) is facilitating submission of abstracts. Please submit your abstract to NSRI by Friday January 30th to Chris Warner at email@example.com.
What is the National Strategic Research Institute? It is of only 13 strategic US Department of Defense University Affiliated Research Centers (UARC) and NSRI is affiliated exclusively with the University of Nebraska. We are your UARC!
The conference will address key areas of foundational research including:
- Novel threat and disruptive chemical and biological discovery
- Dynamic functional materials
- Applied mathematics and innovative computational tools
- Flexible design, synthesis and manufacturing; and systems biology and engineering.
Plus areas of increased focus, including:
- Disease surveillance, characterization and point of need diagnostics
- Adaptive medical therapeutics and technologies
- Rapid response and recovery science and technology
- Threat activity sensing and reporting
The CBST conference is a premier event that allows you, the researcher, to connect with DTRA science and technology managers. These individuals direct the scientific focus of DTRA funding and research needs. More information about the conference can be found here.
The abstract should be between 250-500 words (this does not include abstract title or abstract authors) and should include the following information:
- Background (purpose/objective/rationale of the research, relationship to other areas if any)
- Preliminary results
- Preliminary conclusion
- Potential impact to mission/warfighter (if known)
- Abstracts must be public releasable and non-proprietary
The specific scientific areas for submission can be found here.
If have any questions or are interested in learning more about potential DoD research funding opportunities, please contact Chris Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org.