Dear UNK Community,
As you are probably aware, UNK is undergoing the reaccreditation process. UNK is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and has been continuously accredited since 1916. Our last reaccreditation was in 2004.
- Dr. Esther Fahm (Chair) – Professor, Department of Food & Nutrition, University of Wisconsin-Stout.
- Dr. Otto Chang – Dean of School of Business, Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne.
- Dr. Kenneth Peress – Vice President for Student Affairs, Lake Superior State University.
- Dr. Michael Shonrock – President, Emporia State University.
- Dr. Faye Vowell – Professor, Department of English, Western New Mexico University.
- Dr. David Sammeth – Professor, Department of Chemistry, New Mexico Highlands University.
During their time on campus the team will be involved in many meetings with individuals and groups, including administrators, faculty, staff and students. If you have received notice that your presence is requested at a particular meeting, please make every effort to attend and to be on time.
Two of the most important events are the Faculty Open Forum and the Student Open Forum. The Faculty Open Forum will be held on at 3:30 p.m. Nov. 4 in the Ponderosa Room. The Student Open Forum will be held at 3 p.m. Nov. 5 in the Ponderosa. Each forum will last approximately one hour. During that time, the site team will have some questions for both faculty members and students, but there will also be an opportunity for comments from both groups. It is extremely important that we have good representation at these meetings.
If you have not already done so, and would like to review the self-study document and support materials, please visit http://www.unk.edu/ncavisit2013/
If you have any questions please feel free to call me at 865-8843 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have been preparing for this reaccreditation visit for over a year and are looking forward to having the site visitors see what we have accomplished in the last 10 years!
Kenya S. Taylor
Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs &
Dean for Graduate Studies and Research
This post has been read 3606 times!